Best Food Survival Kits & Complete Emergency Food Survival Bucket Kit
5. With all the turmoil in the world today, it's critical that you are prepared for an circumstance should it arise. From global political turmoil to home ground threats, we all need to ready if we need to survive on our own without the everyday infrastructure.
One of the most important aspects of preparedness is ensuring you and your family have access to food should the worst situation arise. Setting up your emergency food survival kit is now really easy, and you can purchase alot of what you need online.
There are a number of different types of food survival preparedness kits that you can purchase or create yourself.
1. Freeze Dried Food Kits
These kits contain food that will last a long time. The specific features are:
- They can last up to and beyond 25 years
- they do not shrink
- The size of the original food product is the same as the freeze dried version
- The package is lighter that normal hydrated food
- Can contain meat, vegetables, fruit, and other types of food items
- Nutritional value is very good
- Flavors are very close to the normal version
2. Dehydrated Emergency Food Kit
Dehydrated food kits are also very popular and have various pros and cons.
- Can last up to 15 years
- Can be created to be in very compact packaging, making storage easier
- Product shrinks up to 70% of its original size
- The food product will expand when rehydrated
- Nutritional value is good, but not as much as freeze dried.
- It only takes up to 15 minutes to rehydrate for use
- Flavors are comparable to some frozen food
3. Calorie Bars
Calorie bars are another popular type of food survival kit that are readily available.
- Up to 5 year shelf life
- High in calories
- Vacuum sealed and re-sealable
- non thirst provoking
- Small packaging and storage space
4. Survival Food Tabs
Survival food tablets and pills have become more popular in recent years as the need for easy storage has increased in demand.
- Each jar can contain a large amount of tablets. i.e up to 180
- Each tablet can contain up to 20 calories
- One person can eat up to 12 tablets per day
- Tablets contain the required vitamins and proteins required to keep you alive
- The formula is highly concentrated and can come in a range of flavors
- Easy to store and carry
- They have a very large shelf life of up to 25 years.
5. Emergency Food Survival Bucket
Survival buckets are just another way to store your kit:
- easy to store
- can fit a large amount of food in a small container
- can have both dehydrated and freeze dried packages
- water tight and provides protection against the elements.
These are the top f emergency food survival kits that we recommend. If you stick to these types of kits and your review their contents, you'll start to get an idea of the best products available on the market or simply create your own, and be prepared for natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, and man made attacks.